Moeraki Block (Main) Hall
- A large meeting and dining area with a stage at one end and service slide from the kitchen at the other
- Heated by a large log fire and a large heat pump. Firewood can be purchased from our caretakers. $2 coins are needed for the heat pump.
- To the side are two toilets with hand basins, plus a storage area for tables and chairs.
- The patio is a great place to relax and enjoy the views over the bush clad hills and listen to the native bird song.
- Furniture consists of 19 tables, 120 chairs,2 forms, piano on the stage, white board (bring your own pens), and data projector screen.
Moeraki Block (Main) Kitchen
- A well equipped kitchen is available for your caterers.
- This includes 2 refrigerators, 2 toasters, 2 large ranges, 1 small range, Zip, 2 microwaves, cooking utensils and electric beater, plus dishes and cutlery for 100 people
- Small quantities of food supplies are available at the Herbert Service Station
- Groups that use Camp Iona are responsible for their own catering and cleaning
- Basic first aid kit
Kakanui Block Hall
This is a smaller carpeted hall situated at the far end of Camp Iona. It has a smaller modern kitchen, which can be used for groups of up to 40 campers in conjunction with cabins 7 & 8 and 9. The hall has a large heat pump and is equipped with tables and chairs.
- Food storage room
- Freezer room with two large freezers
- Wash up area
- Laundry room with washing machine and camp cleaning equipment
- Drying room. $2 coins needed
- Portable barbeque complete with gas.
- Fire-fighting equipment is strategically placed around the camp
|Camp Iona provides||You should provide|
|Beds, bunks and mattresses & fitted mattress protectors||Sleeping bags, pillows, sheets and blankets.|
|Showers with hot and cold water
All shower and basin cleaners and detergents
|All personal hygiene requirements
|Toilets (with toilet brushes) toilet cleaner||Toilet paper|
|Kitchens, food storage. Electric stoves, pots, pans|
|Cooking utensils, toasters, microwave, dish wash liquid|
|Automatic clothes washing machine||Soap Powder|
|2 Large freezers and 2 fridges
|Log fires in the Hall and Lodge||Wood for the Logburners|
|All brooms, brushes, shovels, floor mops, buckets Cleaners, detergents|
|Vacuum cleaners and bags|
|Rubbish bins||Bag liners to take away ALL rubbish|
|Coin operated heat pump in the halls||$2 coins|
|First Aid equipment|